CRACKING THE CODE OF WEB DESIGN
Introduction to Coding For Websites Online Short Course
Welcome to our Foundations of Coding course! Website development is an ever-expanding field, and the demand for knowledgeable coders is increasing daily.
Our short course will equip you with the fundamental skills that you need to code in HTML and CSS. If HTML is the bricks-and-mortar structure of a house, then CSS is the paint, curtains and other finishes that make it beautiful!
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to code your own Web page using the latest version of HTML to structure your data, and CSS to position and style it.
Meet your subject matter expert
IN THIS COURSE
- Navigating the Online Learning Studio
HTML5 data structuring fundamentals
- What is HTML5?
- The difference between a Website and a Web page
- Anatomy of a HTML5 syntax
- HTML document structure
- Elements, Attributes, Entities, Comments
HTML5 structural elements
- Web page layout using HTML5 structural elements
- div, header, nav, section and footer elements
Styling and positioning with CSS3
- The role of CSS in the styling and positioning of structured data
- How to style and position HTML5 structural elements
- CSS selectors
CSS box model and float theory
- The CSS3 box model and float theory
- Applying the box model and float theory to HTML5 structural elements
Adding content to a Web page and styling it
- Lists (ordered, unordered)
- Coding HTML tables
- Merging cells vertically and horizontally
- Coding HTML tables with cells spanning across columns and rows
- Styling tables with CSS
- Identify tables, rows and cells uniquely
- CSS code for styling tables
Responsive Page Layout
- Responsive web design
- Reflecting on the learning experience
Get the free infopack
Click here to find out more about our available financing options.
Affordable Payment Plan.
|Terms||Deposit||Payment per month|
Duration: 9 weeks
Skill level: Beginner
Certificate of Competence
meet your academic tutor
Each CityVarsity Online course is assigned its own Online Academic Tutor, who is ready and waiting to guide and assist their learners throughout their learning experience.
The Online Academic Tutor who is assigned to your course, is trained to build each student up to reach their fullest potential. Students can expect their Online Academic Tutor to answer questions, offering advice and provide further clarification on any academic aspects of the course. As a complimentary online service, students will be contacted by their Online Academic Tutor over phone and/or by their registered email.
CityVarsity Online: firstname.lastname@example.org