Digital music has democratised the DJing world. To become a DJ, you no longer need very expensive equipment – you can DJ with a laptop, tablet and free software. DJing is an amazing and fun career that allows you to do what you love and to have fun while you are doing it.
Subject Matter Expert
Since 1996 Craig de Sousa’s name has been synonymous with house music in Cape Town, South Africa and all over the world. He is regarded as the DJ who “wrote the book” on successful compilation albums. For 5 years Craig and presenting partner Dino Moran sat at the helm of The Night Watchmen on Goodhope FM. Outside of presenting his own show, he has frequently appeared on radio stations such as FG Paris, 5FM and Y-FM. He was involved in the SA Indian Premier League, the T20 World Cup and Champions Trophy and has been the preferred DJ for Cricket SA and the International Cricket Council (ICC).
With the freedom that online education brings, CityVarsity Online students can upskill in their own time, from almost anywhere on earth. Well, anywhere where the internet is accessible, that is. But although our students may roam far and wide, they are never far out of our minds.
Each course is assigned its own Online Academic Tutor, who is ready and waiting to guide and assist their learners throughout their learning experience. The Online Academic Tutor, who is assigned to your course, is trained to build each student up to reach their fullest potential. Students can expect their Online Academic Tutor to answer questions, offer advice and provide further clarification on any academic aspects.
Course and Technical Requirements
In order to get the full benefit from this course, you require the following:
- Stable internet connection
- Firefox/Microsoft Edge/Chrome web browser (latest version)
- Adobe Acrobat, or similar PDF viewer
- Microsoft Word/Pages (ability to export documents as PDF files)
- Email/Cell phone for notifications and communication
- Ability to scan and upload documents
How We Engage with Students
Our online short learning programmes are broken into self-paced manageable modules designed to be interactive and engaging:
- The programme is available to be viewed on smart devices and includes mobile, tablets and personal computers.
- Relevant case studies, articles and recommended reading are part of supplementary resources available.
- Apply and evaluate what you have learned in each module with the self-grading quizzes and assignment submissions
- View a range of Introductory course videos by your Subject Matter Expert.
- Scheduled live webinars are included with the Online Academic Tutor.
- Network, collaborate and interact with your fellow participants and Online Academic Tutor via the discussion boards.
Upon successful completion of your course, you will be awarded a CityVarsity Online certificate.