SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION IN SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Online Short Course
Welcome to Specialist Certification in Social Media Marketing course. With this course, you will learn how to create and implement social media strategies to be able to excel in the digital space. This course teaches you the best digital practices and marketing techniques needed to boost a brand or product. At the end of this course, you will be able to identify trends, produce innovative and creative social media strategies, boost brand awareness and reach social media success. Over and above this, you will be able to interpret campaign analysis results in order to push brand sales and advance your social media marketing career.
WHY SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION IN SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING?
Have you ever wondered what goes into the marketing and social media of a brand? Has a brand’s social media account instantly grabbed your attention, leaving you in awe of their marketing team? And lastly, have you been intrigued to a point where you knew you wanted to be part of the genius team? This course was developed by the Digital Marketing Institute and by completing it, you can be part of the ever-changing digital social media marketing world. This course is ideal for the social media specialist or enthusiast looking to up their skill set in the digital world.
MEET YOUR SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
Delivered by industry leading experts, this course will introduce you to the most relevant and transformative aspects of digital marketing, which are delivered by industry leading experts. Our specialist product team work closely with leading industry experts to create, review and update the certification learning outcomes on a regular basis. This ensures that what you learn is instantly applicable to any role and aligned to the needs of industry. They collaborate with the Digital Marketing Institute on the design and development of course materials, so your learning is shaped by their practical experience, expert insight and case studies.
CITYVARSITY ONLINE – COURSE DELIVERY
- 24/7 online course access
- Course summaries
- External material to assist
- Assessment and quizzes
- One-on-one reviews from Subject Matter Experts
- Student to student studying through forums
- Academic support from the Academic Advising Centre
CityVarsity Online courses are structured and delivered by the course lecturers themselves, allowing students to engage directly with these knowledgeable Subject Matter Experts. Our online courses are delivered in the form of module notes and short videos; which are available 24/7 on the Virtual Learning Environment. Just simply log in and you can seamlessly continue from where you left off.
Supporting external content and interactive forum discussions serve to foster an in-depth understanding of concepts, promoted by both individual and shared learning between students.
Throughout each course, quizzes will allow you to test how well you understand a module and highlight any areas you’re struggling with. Every module is accompanied by an assignment.
CERTIFICATION & Examination
The assessment is based on a formal computer-based examination that will measure individuals’ knowledge and digital marketing proficiency following completion of the course.
The exam must be taken within 24 weeks ofyour course end date. This date cannot be extended.
We suggest you schedule your exam 4-6 weeks after completing the course, as this provides you with an opportunity to re-sit the exam, if necessary, by week 24. You have a maximum of 3 attempts to take the exam.
It is the responsibility of each student to book their exam within the correct time frame. Early booking of the exam is advised to ensure availability at your preferred test centre.
Upon successful completion of the examyou will receive a digital certificate confirming your Certified Digital Marketing Specialist qualification.
Please be mindful that you are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the exam process as per the Exam Guidelines. You should receive the Exam Guidelines from your training provider. Please read them carefully to ensure that you do not miss any important exam information.
The duration of the exam is 180 minutes.
A range of different question formats are used including Text-basedMultiple Choice; Image-basedMultiple Choice, Matching and Hot Spot questions. Our computer-based examinations are delivered through the Pearson VUE test centre network which comprises over 5,200 centres in 180 countries.
The use of Pearson VUE to deliver our exams increases the value of the international certification offered by the Digital Marketing Institute and provides students with a quality, consistent examination experience, no matter where they are in the world.
*The Pearson VUE test voucher is included in your course fee.
Pearson VUE test centres in South Africa:
IN THIS COURSE
- Navigating the Online Learning Studio
- Understand the foundation principles of social media marketing
- Distinguish between traditional and social media marketing
- Understand the dimensions of audience research to define the needs, wants and goals of your audience
- Create a framework for identifying and performing competitor analysis
- Investigate the key components of cultural and trend research to inform your social media campaigns
- Plan a content creation strategy that targets the right audience to increase ROI
- Create a variety of content formats that will help you to deliver the right content to the right audience to increase conversions
- Identify best practice, optimal management and scheduling of your content for increased engagement and reach
- Devise, execute and monitor your own content creation strategy for campaign success
- Create a solid content outreach strategy by performing content analysis to extract deep insight
- Understand content seeding and how to use content effectively over multiple social platforms
- Apply content outreach tactics and concepts in order to gain reach for your target audience
- Effectively analyse and measure the success and impact of your content
- Monitor the results of the publishing and promotion of content to improve and optimise your content outreach strategy
- Understand how Facebook works as a platform for community building, content marketing and brand promotion
- Develop a Facebook page that expresses your identity, reaches your audience and engages with your audience through social interactions
- Identify and utilise the various Facebook platform features to target your audience and drive results
- Plan and deliver a Facebook Advertising strategy, using the various advertising tools and formats available
- Analyse, optimise and report on the performance of your ads to create powerful campaigns that convert
- Recognise the value Twitter represents to businesses as a marketing and promotion platform
- Set-up, customise and promote a Twitter account to build a profile for a business, brand, organisation or personality
- Implement Twitter Ads and specific formats to run campaigns and promote content aligned to your KPIs and marketing objectives
- Learn how to integrate Google Analytics with Twitter analytics and third-party tools to analyse campaign performance and optimise accordingly
- Recognise the importance of having a unified brand presence across company and personal LinkedIn accounts
- Use LinkedIn-specific features and tools to set campaign objectives and increase ROI
- Run ad campaigns that reach, nurture and convert customers
- Use LinkedIn analytics tools to measure and report on your campaign success
- Confidently navigate each platform’s features and optimise for both organic and paid campaigns that drive results
- Manage Instagram and Snapchat accounts effectively, in accordance with best practice guidelines
- Master Instagram and Snapchat’s native advertising tools to drive targeted traffic to your content
- Analyse campaign performance through native and third-party analytics tools to measure success and improve your social media efforts
- Create, optimise, and manage a YouTube channel for your brand
- Recognise and understand the best formats of social video for content promotion
- Use enhancement features to improve your video content and extend user engagement in order to gain a dedicated fan base and create brand advocates
- Make your video content searchable by targeting key demographics and new potential markets
- Develop your own YouTube advertising strategy in order to run cost-effective and successful campaigns
- Utilise YouTube’s pro-analytics for monitoring your advertising strategy
- Understand the terminology, features and processes used in marketing automation
- Appreciate the capabilities of marketing automation software for scaling marketing processes and activities that are already successful
- Make informed decisions on the best marketing automation tool for your business and marketing goals
- Understand inbound/outbound marketing philosophies, the buyer’s journey and how they can be applied to marketing automation
- Import and organize contacts from various channels to facilitate online tracking, lead scoring and segmentation
- Generate, nurture and communicate with leads through marketing automation software
- Analyse and measure the success of your efforts through daily, weekly and monthly reporting
Strategy and Planning:
- Plan, research and set informed objectives for your social media strategy
- Prepare materials and assets to take action and implement strategy activities
- Develop and implement your content, campaigns and activations in your strategy
- Report, analyse and measure the performance and impact of your strategy activities
- Apply changes to your strategy based on learned insight from the learn phrase of the PROPEL model
Get the free infopack
Click here to find out more about our available financing options.
Affordable Payment Plan.
|Terms||Deposit||Payment per month|
Duration: 6 months
Skill level: Beginner
Certificate of Competence
meet your academic tutor
Each CityVarsity Online course is assigned its own Online Academic Tutor, who is ready and waiting to guide and assist their learners throughout their learning experience.
The Online Academic Tutor who is assigned to your course, is trained to build each student up to reach their fullest potential. Students can expect their Online Academic Tutor to answer questions, offering advice and provide further clarification on any academic aspects of the course. As a complimentary online service, students will be contacted by their Online Academic Tutor over phone and/or by their registered email.
CityVarsity Online: firstname.lastname@example.org