A. Welcome to CityVarsity Online
- If your participation in an online short learning programme is being paid for by a third party, then the third party is bound by all provisions in these Terms.
- Please note that the online short learning programmes offered by CityVarsity Online are non-credit bearing and not accredited.
B. Accessing CityVarsity Online
- Students can register for any of our short learning programmes online through the registration links available on our Site.
- To participate and successfully complete the short learning programmes, you require a registered email account, access to a computer/laptop/tablet and stable internet connection. You should be able to read documents in Adobe PDF Reader, use Microsoft Excel, view Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, and read and create documents in Microsoft Word.
- All information (including personal information) provided to us on registration, on creating an account, or while accessing CityVarsity Online services and online short learning, must be true, accurate and complete. You are also responsible for updating us in the event of a change to your information.
- If you are under the age of 18, you are required to obtain written consent and assistance from your parent or legal guardian to enter into these Terms or register for an online short learning programme, and this registration would need to be separately managed through our academic department by arrangement to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
C. CityVarsity Online Programme Fees
- When you register for an online short learning programme, you agree to pay the applicable Course Fee and any other amounts due.
- When you register for an online short learning programme, you hereby agree to an invoice that shall be sent to you in electronic format, to the email address that you provided on enrolment. All invoices shall reflect the methods of payment in payment of that invoice.
- If bank charges and/or fees are levied or added to a payment made by you to us, you shall be liable for all such bank charges and additional costs.
- Should you fail to make an installment towards your Course Fees by the due date for payment (as agreed during enrolment and recorded in your invoice) we may suspend your participation in the programme and revoke access to the learning management system. If you are suspended from participation, you will not be permitted to access the Virtual Learning Environment until such time as the outstanding installment has been made by you. You are granted a period within which to rectify non-payment. If you fail to make payment within the given additional period of time, we reserve the right to cancel your registration and remove you from the course. You are subject to the conditions of the Refund Policy pertaining, described in section D Cancellations and Refunds below.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted (E&OE) on our Site for, price listings, product descriptions, or other documents that may contain mistakes or may not include some details.
D. Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellation of a programme is subservient to the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) of South Africa and the extended (but conformant to) stipulations of this policy.
- A cancellation must be made known in writing or any other recorded manner and form, within five (5) business days after the later date on which the agreement was concluded.
a. Contact our Retentions Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your reason for cancellation.
b. Our Retentions Officer will discuss your rationale and help you reach an informed decision.
c. Where you proceed with the cancellation, you need to complete and submit a cancellation of studies form.
- The refund process (within the cooling-off period within five (5) business days) is concluded within fifteen (15) working days. Should you cancel after the cooling-off period, but within fourteen (14) working days, it is subject to evaluation by the Retentions Officer to determine any possibility of a partial refund.
- After the cooling-off period, you will not be entitled to a full refund of the course fees. Any refund arrangement, in this case, is at the discretion of the Online Academic Department Office.
a. Consideration needs to be given to the time period and the degree of access and progress reported by the Virtual Learning Environment platform.
b. A refund is calculated by the Online Academic Department Office on its discretion that may involve a bilateral solicitation with you to mediate and resolve the most amicable result.
- Should a refund be determined and approved by our Online Academic Department Office, CityVarsity Online will process the refund within 90 days of the decision.
a. The refund is to be processed onto the same means paid for it, or to an account agreed to in writing.
- CityVarsity Online reserves the right to suspend access to course material in the event of payment default. Any resulting discussion or dispute is conducted according to the guidance of Par. 69 of the LRA. If such develops the Online Academic Department Office will enter mediation with the purpose of determining the facts and resolving the dispute. All in observance of the LRA stipulations.
E. Programme Syllabus Delivery
- English is the language of instruction and administration for all CityVarsity Online short learning. All coursework that is required for assessment purposes must be written in English. This includes posts made on the discussion forums.
- Each online short learning programme consists of several modules delivered over a specified duration via the Virtual Learning Environment platform. All course-related documentation is provided in electronic format and can be accessed through the Virtual Learning Environment platform.
- You may receive communication by telephone or email from CityVarsity Online academic representatives for programme administration and related purposes, including reminders of assignments, or other information related to your registration or these Terms.
- Only students who are registered for an online short learning programme may participate in that programme. You may not provide your username or password to any other person, may not permit any other person to participate in the programme on your behalf, and may not impersonate any other person in dealing with CityVarsity Online using another user’s username and password. If you have forgotten your username or password, our technical support (support@email@example.com) will assist you to change your password in your student profile.
- All online short learning programmes include tasks and assignment(s) per module. Your assignments are graded within an allocated 48-hour time period. Any queries relating to your previous assignment may be directed to your Student Success Coordinator or Academic Tutor.
a. Contact either one of these support personnel by using the Tawk.to chat bubble on our Site or within the Virtual Learning Environment to speak to them.
- All our online programmes include module videos. These videos fulfil the introductory lectures for the topics covered in the specific modules and are compulsory unless otherwise stipulated.
- Should you apply for a module or assignment extension, you are required to make a request with our Customer Services.
a. Note: The success of your academic extension request will be dependent on your learning journey status and at the discretion of your request. The acceptance of your academic extension will be at the discretion of our online academic manager.
b. Contact Customer Services on email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by making use of the Tawk.to chat bubble on our Site or within the Virtual Learning Environment.
- Your final grade or completion of programme status may be subject to an academic moderation process. If you are dissatisfied with your academic result you are within your right to an appeal within seven (7) working days after the final result has been made available.
a. Contact Customer Services or your Student Success Coordinator/Academic Tutor who will explain the appeals process to you.